Death Zone Players
Welcome to Death Zone Players. Log-in or make an account in order to be able to find out more information about us! Thank you.

HomeHomeAll information about our clan can be found hereOur full member listAll our rules can be found here.All our server informationAll our clan war results can be found here.All information about joining us can be found here.Got any questions, ask us here.Here you can download our files.This will guide you to our XLRStats page.RegisterSearchLog inUsergroupsMemberlistFAQ

Share | 

Gaming Servers Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Hello everyone, for those who want to play on our servers and don't use GameRanger or because you prefer to play on a direct IP we have now this facility for both servers and you can also use GameTracker Lite, using this software you can track your favorite servers, manage easily your games and more other features.                   
Servers IP:
|dZp| SnD -> 94.23.215.215:28906 
|dZp| TDM -> 94.23.215.215:28907 
For more info about GameTracker Lite click on the icon: 
|dZp| Yeoldegod

United Kingdom Posts : 1003
Joined dZp : 01/04/2013 Location : dZp

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:33 pm

Skywalker had already published this info?

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:43 pm

yea i know. but i've added it on a forum post. It automatically directs and displays it to the mainpage. Only difference now is people are able to comment.
|dZp| Yeoldegod

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Seems bit pointless to me as it was already on the main page..... oh well. People did not need to comment as it was just giving information.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 pm

But now the news i displayed twice on the forum and main page, for the lazy people who don't scroll down on the main page are now able to see it through the forum post.
|dZp| Yeoldegod

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:30 pm

which you have to scroll down to get to.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Aah it isn't for me, i see the post instantly when i open my browser. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:37 pm

But...if you like me to. I'm able to lock the forum so none is able to reply. And in this way. You're also able to add recent news to the mainpage. Just create a post in 'Recent News' section and it'll display on the main page automatically.
layca

Netherlands Posts : 353
Joined dZp : 26/10/2014 Location : Netherlands
GameRanger ID : 5745119

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Bit of a pointless thread since it has come past in GR, the fb groups and the mainpage, but then, people are blind as fuck so might as well follow the old commercial tactics of 'the more the better, and spam them to death'

Pretty much like the 'read me!', that nobody ever seems to read ("you cant tell me what to do!")

“It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.”

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:49 pm

Like i said Smile i'm always able to lock the topics so none can reply. I believe this is a better way for leaders to announce public news.
layca

Netherlands Posts : 353
Joined dZp : 26/10/2014 Location : Netherlands
GameRanger ID : 5745119

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:06 am

HoeGy wrote:
Like i said Smile i'm always able to lock the topics so none can reply. I believe this is a better way for leaders to announce public news.

I disagree, since the members are active enough to easily get it through other means (this is the 5th one for me, 2x fb, 2x website, 1x whatsapp). And the forums arent frequented enough by the people it is aimed at. Although i hesitantly agree (uncertain if it actually is the case) that it might be easy to find when one would actually actively search for it. It forgoes the actual goal, which is to actively spread the information. Opposed to passive spreading (they have to search for the info).

“It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.”

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:10 am

It's just displayed once on the website tbh, i've just changed it from a post which only admins could add to the web, to a forum topic. So it would be easier for Yeold and other leaders for adding new information on the website through a forum post, so it would be easier for them so they don't have to add new info through the admin panel, but just have to create a new forum post. I'm not intending of adding new future informaiton to the web twice or more. But just once like the way it's displayed now. This one is just to set an example how to do it. Like isaid if you guys don't want the comment box enabled, i can easily disable it.
|dZp| Yeoldegod

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:27 am

You can lock it? but then it is the same thing as Skywalker had created for us apart from it is posted in forums (where it will be lost in 14,500 messages in 1199 subjects) it will still be on the main page. The server information was not classed to me as recent news it was information which was permanent. I don't see the point of redoing work that our members created for us when there was no actual need.

The reason i asked Sky and Aby to do this work for me was so they had some creative input into the running of the webpage which they had talked to me and Arctic that they wanted to do so to help and work to the future of the clan and it was completed perfectly by Sky on behalf of the |dZp| staff.

Why redo work that the members are happy to of done and people had said looked good without there being any issue with the work brought to the staffs attention and without staffs knowledge that changes needed to be made.

We know how to add things to main page from admin panel and adding information is easy i personally had to learn all of this when we were suddenly left with it all to do when people left us without a word or repeatedly retired for months when they swung in and made changes and left again.

This is why I want all changes on website to be talked about before being made by anyone, I don't want peoples work that they have done to be removed and replaced at whimwhen there is nothing actually wrong with the work to begin with. I have had this before and then that person left us again and it made more work for us.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:34 am

I see where this is going. Sorry, my mistake.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:37 am

switched it back.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Servers Information

Gaming Servers Information

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1